Forum: Ruby on Rails Name mangling in scaffolding generator

Clemens C. (Guest)
The scaffolding generator does some name mangling, for example it does
pluralization.

However, it looks like there are some other rules and I do not
understand them. I did a

script/generate scaffold EVENTLOG whenSec:integer

and I get the correct model, but I do get a number of underscores in
numerous places, such as:

 app/views/eventlo_gs/index.html.erb
 app/controllers/eventlo_gs_controller.rb
 test/functional/eventlo_gs_controller_test.rb
 app/helpers/eventlo_gs_helper.rb
 route  map.resources :eventlo_gs

So: What situation triggers that added underscore and is there a
possibility to turn it off?

Thanx
C.
Clemens C. (Guest)
Push :-)

Ideas anyone ? :-)
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 22 Jan 2009, at 20:57, X wrote:

> Push :-)
>
> Ideas anyone ? :-)

Probably because it's not expecting you to give it something all in
caps. I'd guess it's doing pluralize then camelize:

"EVENTLOG".pluralize #=> "EVENTLOGs"
and then it's just confused.
"EVENTLOGs".underscore => "eventlo_gs"

Fred
Bob M. (Guest)
I was thinking the same thing. Try just capitalizing the first letter
and see if that fixes it.

On Jan 22, 6:36 pm, Frederick C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Clemens C. (Guest)
Yep. Thanx.