Forum: Ruby Shoes Video Support on Linux

Thomas S. (Guest)
When downloading Shoes for Linux I did not see a binary package with
video support. Is there a reason for this? Will such a package be
forth coming? And if not is there a way to detect in a program if
video support if available or not?

Thanks,
T.
Pierre P. (Guest)
on 2009-01-19 02:20
Considering this: http://help.shoooes.net/Video.html I would say the
default package has video support.
It sounds like if it doesn't have it, it's specified in the file name.

But I haven't tried using videos yet with Shoes.
rick_2047 (Guest)
You need to have libvlc (you didn't mention on which os you are on so
just search or ask other people who use your os how to install it)
then while making do
make VIDEO=1
that should do the trick
Thomas S. (Guest)
On Jan 18, 7:20 pm, Pierre P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Considering this:http://help.shoooes.net/Video.htmlI would say the
> default package has video support.
> It sounds like if it doesn't have it, it's specified in the file name.
>
> But I haven't tried using videos yet with Shoes.
> --

I downloaded this:

  http://shoooes.net/dist/shoes2.run

It's a pre-compiled binary. When I tried the #video method it gave
some error in the Shoes console about the lack of Video support. If I
redistribute my executable, I don't want end users to have to compile
shoes to make it work. So that's why I was asking.

-trans