Forum: Ruby on Rails active_scaffold + i18n

Felipe G. (Guest)
Hello all,

I have a project where I'm using active_scaffold and would also like to
use
i18n over it.
While the i18n works fine if I just ignore the active_scaffold, I
couldn't
get it running with it.
I searched through its docs and googled quite a bit. Can I use i18n with
active_scaffold?

thanks

cheers

--
gallois
aka Felipe G.

Simple Localization apparently has support for Active Scaffold
translation.
http://simple-localization.arkanis.de/

I do not however know what the the implications of recent I18n changes
in Rails have been to either Simple Localization or Active Scaffold.

--J. Nathan Matias
www.natematias.com
Peter De Berdt (Guest)
On 28 Jan 2009, at 16:11, natematias wrote:

> Simple Localization apparently has support for Active Scaffold
> translation.
> http://simple-localization.arkanis.de/
>
> I do not however know what the the implications of recent I18n changes
> in Rails have been to either Simple Localization or Active Scaffold.

Well, we're using Simple Localization in several of our apps and are
postponing upgrading them to Rails 2.2 since Simple Localization
doesn't work with it. I still find it superior to what Rails itself
currently offers though. Also note that the last activity on the
plugin was 7 months ago (although I noticed a recent import into
github), so if you want Rails 2.2 compatibility, you'll either have to
wait or do it yourself. We probably will some time in the future (or
switch to Rails I18n), but we simply don't have the time right now.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt