Forum: IronRuby http://ironruby.net get's a facelift

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Jimmy S. (Guest)
on 2009-01-17 03:37
(Received via mailing list)
All,

http://ironruby.net should look completely different, and that's a good
thing. I spent today moving stuff around, deleting, consolidating, etc.
The site is more focused on getting and using IronRuby, but don't fear,
all the info related to contributing to IronRuby is now on the Github
wiki: http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby.

There are still a bunch of pages out of date, like the library status,
and general project status, but those are next to update. A detailed
list describing the status of each library will make it much more
straight-forward to jump in and start working on one.

Let me know what you think.
~Jimmy
Benjamin v. (Guest)
on 2009-01-22 08:24
Hi Jimmy,

The new site looks great, truly an improvement over the old one. The
homepage is definitely more approachable. I might suggest making it more
clear that the Contribute link goes to github, i.e., mention it in the
subtext. Also would be nice to have a link to the mailing list on the
homepage. Which, by the way: is this a mailing list or a message board?
I'm viewing it at http://ruby-forum.com/forum/34 — is there a regular
list this interface is reading and posting to? Might be worth clarifying
that on the site, too.

Also, it seems like the 0.2 Alpha download is a bit broken. On calls to
ScriptSource.Execute([some code]) I get an exception complaining about
it being unable to find Microsoft.Scripting.dll v1.0.0.5000. The bundled
Microsoft.Scripting.dll is 1.0.0.5001. Has anyone else had similar
problems?

Benjamin


Jimmy S. wrote:
> All,
>
> http://ironruby.net should look completely different, and that's a good
> thing. I spent today moving stuff around, deleting, consolidating, etc.
> The site is more focused on getting and using IronRuby, but don't fear,
> all the info related to contributing to IronRuby is now on the Github
> wiki: http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby.
>
> There are still a bunch of pages out of date, like the library status,
> and general project status, but those are next to update. A detailed
> list describing the status of each library will make it much more
> straight-forward to jump in and start working on one.
>
> Let me know what you think.
> ~Jimmy
Jimmy S. (Guest)
on 2009-01-23 08:18
(Received via mailing list)
Benjamin van der Veen wrote:
> The new site looks great, truly an improvement over the old one.

Thanks =)

> Also would be nice to have a link to the mailing list on the
> homepage. Which, by the way: is this a mailing list or a message board?
> I'm viewing it at http://ruby-forum.com/forum/34 — is there a regular
> list this interface is reading and posting to? Might be worth
> clarifying that on the site, too.

I changed the "Media" link to "Support", and have links to the RubyForge
bug/feature trackers, as well as the mailing list there.

This is a mailing list, but http://ruby-forum.com provides a
web-interface for all Ruby/Rails related mailing lists.
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.