Forum: GNU Radio rrc_filter output from dbpsk.py file

Maduike, Dumezie (Guest)
Hello all,

I was analyzing the dbpsk.py file and I was wondering if someone can
explain the line:

self.connect(self, self.pre_scaler, self.agc, self.rrc_filter,
self.receiver, self.diffdec, self.slicer, self.symbol_mapper,
self.unpack, self)

The "self" term loops back to itself and I wasn't quite sure why this is
so.

Also, does anyone know a way to display the output of the
"self.rrc_filter" block.  I want to be able to either store this to a
file or spit it out to the screen.

Thanks in advance,
Dumezie
Eric B. (Guest)
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 07:18:10PM -0600, Maduike, Dumezie wrote:
> Hello all,

> I was analyzing the dbpsk.py file and I was wondering if someone can
> explain the line:

> self.connect(self, self.pre_scaler, self.agc, self.rrc_filter,
>              self.receiver, self.diffdec, self.slicer,
>              self.symbol_mapper, self.unpack, self)

> The "self" term loops back to itself and I wasn't quite sure why this is so.

"self" is a hierarchical block.  connect wires the input of the
block through the other blocks and finally to the output of the
hierarchical block.

> Also, does anyone know a way to display the output of the
> "self.rrc_filter" block.  I want to be able to either store this to
> a file or spit it out to the screen.

Use a file sink.

  self.connect(self.rrc_filter, gr.file_sink(gr.sizeof_complex,
"rrc.dat"))

Eric