Forum: Ruby on Rails cannot debug in eclipse w/ rdt because of DRbServerNotFound

mtmusko (Guest)

Has anyone been able to set up a Rails project on Eclipse using the
Ruby Develoment Tools plugin?  I set up a Rails project and can run
the Rails application.  But when I try to debug the Rails application
it always hangs due to a DRb:DRbServerNotFound exception.  Does anyone
know why this is happening?  I am using Rails 0.14.3 and Ruby 1.8.2 on
Windows.
--
Frank K.
http://meetingkoreans.com
Frank K. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone been able to set up a Rails project on Eclipse using the
> Ruby Develoment Tools plugin?  I set up a Rails project and can run
> the Rails application.  But when I try to debug the Rails application
> it always hangs due to a DRb:DRbServerNotFound exception.  Does anyone
> know why this is happening?  I am using Rails 0.14.3 and Ruby 1.8.2 on
> Windows.

Try following Brian H.'s advice, here:

   http://www.napcs.com/howto/railsonwindows.html

(in the section "Debugging in Eclipse")

regards

   Justin
mtmusko (Guest)
I was actually hoping to avoid using the Breakpointer as Brian
suggested and do the debugging as was intended with RDT plugin.  Has
no one been able to successfully debug w/o using the Breakpointer?

On 11/10/05, Justin F. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Try following Brian H.'s advice, here:

Frank K.
http://meetingkoreans.com
http://betweengo.com
justin (Guest)
Frank K. wrote:

> I was actually hoping to avoid using the Breakpointer as Brian
> suggested and do the debugging as was intended with RDT plugin.  Has
> no one been able to successfully debug w/o using the Breakpointer?

Other people have been asking on the list for proper debugging, and
nobody has given an answer saying it's possible.

regards

   Justin