Forum: Ruby How to execute URL in ruby on rails. ?

Vikas G. (Guest)
on 2009-01-16 13:03
i have problem, how to excute a URL string in ruby.

Input ------>

if i provide url in textfield named "song_url" like
"www.mywebsite.com/album/1/mysongs.html".
and i click on submit button.

output ----->
it will give a string in which all html response is stored.

how i execute this url so that i process data from resulting html.
Brian C. (Guest)
on 2009-01-16 15:13
Vikas G. wrote:
> if i provide url in textfield named "song_url" like
> "www.mywebsite.com/album/1/mysongs.html".
> and i click on submit button.
>

> output ----->
> it will give a string in which all html response is stored.

Use Net::HTTP or open-uri. Examples posted here two days ago, see
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/175661