Forum: JRuby Jruby error in installation.

Tim M. (Guest)
on 2009-01-16 07:22
Hello!

I am on Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard). All I have done is this; I downloaded
jruby-bin-1.1.6.tar, untarred it to JRuby-1.1.6, and then went into
.../JRuby-1.1.6/bin/ and ran ./jruby -v
Both with and without -v gives this error:
org/jruby/Main

and JIRB gives an error about no command jruby, but thats probbly
because I haven't added it to my $PATH yet. Why do I get the above error
tho? Also, can Jruby/swing(?) do terminal based graphics (TUI) in the
Ncurses style?
My N. (Guest)
on 2009-01-28 21:49
Tim M. wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am on Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard). All I have done is this; I downloaded
> jruby-bin-1.1.6.tar, untarred it to JRuby-1.1.6, and then went into
> .../JRuby-1.1.6/bin/ and ran ./jruby -v
> Both with and without -v gives this error:
> org/jruby/Main
>
> and JIRB gives an error about no command jruby, but thats probbly
> because I haven't added it to my $PATH yet. Why do I get the above error
> tho? Also, can Jruby/swing(?) do terminal based graphics (TUI) in the
> Ncurses style?

you are probably running as a user who don't have rights to run the
executible, so either run as root or go to the executible and chmod it
so you have rights to it. also to run jirb i use "jruby -S jirb". hope
this was helpful