Forum: RSpec Which webrat gem should be used?

Nick H. (Guest)
Hi guys. Which webrat gem should be used? There seem to be a few:

--------------------
$ gem search -r webrat

*** REMOTE GEMS ***

aslakhellesoy-webrat (0.3.2.2)
benschwarz-webrat (0.3.2.1)
brynary-webrat (0.3.2.2)
flazz-webrat (0.3.2.1)
mfilej-webrat (0.2.1)
webrat (0.3.4)
If you're on Rails and use RSpec matchers, the latest official webrat
0.3.4
gem is broken. It doesn't contain the webrat/rspec-rails.rb file (a
packaging bug).

aslakhellesoy-webrat (0.3.2.2) works fine.

brynary's master branch is actually behind the latest release (0.3.4).
It
still uses the 0.3.2.2 version. The latest webrat release was probably
done
from the 0-3-stable branch.

Bryan, can you fill in?

Aslak
James B. (Guest)
on 2009-01-16 18:59
Aslak Hellesøy wrote:
> If you're on Rails and use RSpec matchers, the latest official
> webrat 0.3.4 gem is broken. It doesn't contain the webrat/rspec-rails.rb
> file (a packaging bug).

If you feel adventurous then, after installing cucumber-0.3.4, you could
create a file with this content:

#bod
require "webrat/core/matchers"

Spec::Runner.configure do |config|
  config.include(Webrat::Matchers, :type => :controller)
  config.include(Webrat::Matchers, :type => :helper)
  config.include(Webrat::Matchers, :type => :view)
end
#eod

and save it (with the appropriate ownership and permissions for your OS
of course) as:

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/webrat-0.3.4/lib/webrate/rspec-rails.rb

Works for me but, as always, YMMV.
Pat M. (Guest)
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 8:59 AM, James B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> require "webrat/core/matchers"
>
> /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/webrat-0.3.4/lib/webrate/rspec-rails.rb
>
> Works for me but, as always, YMMV.

better prob would be to just download the source, update the manifest,
build and install the gem yourself.

Pat
Mike F. (Guest)
on 2009-02-19 05:24
I'm having trouble getting cucumber working.  I have webrat 0.4.1
installed, but still get the error:

    /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- spec/rails
(MissingSourceFile)

Aslak Hellesøy wrote:
> If you're on Rails and use RSpec matchers, the latest official webrat
> 0.3.4
> gem is broken. It doesn't contain the webrat/rspec-rails.rb file (a
> packaging bug).
>
> aslakhellesoy-webrat (0.3.2.2) works fine.

I tried replacing line 10 in support/env from `require 'webrat'` to:

    require 'aslakhellesoy-webrat'

and:

    gem 'aslakhellesoy-webrat', '0.3.2.2'

But neither worked.  (If using `gem` is the wrong way to load a
particular gem in a rails project please point me out the correct way to
me :)

I also just tried uninstalling the 'webrat' gem, leaving only
'aslakhellesoy-webrat', and changed line 10 back to `require 'webrat'`,
but still have get the error.

Thanks,
Mike ˙∆˚