Forum: GNU Radio gr.vector_sink_c() script

Maduike, Dumezie (Guest)
Hello everyone,

Is anyone familiar with how fast the gr.vector_sink_c() script samples
incoming data into its sink.  I hooked up the sink directly to
usrp.source_c() and I was wondering if it receives data at the same rate
as the ADC (20M samples/sec).

Thanks
Dumezie
Eric B. (Guest)
On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 11:22:56AM -0600, Maduike, Dumezie wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Is anyone familiar with how fast the gr.vector_sink_c() script
> samples incoming data into its sink.  I hooked up the sink directly
> to usrp.source_c() and I was wondering if it receives data at the
> same rate as the ADC (20M samples/sec).

vector_sink is almost always the wrong way to do anything.
It was designed to facilitate QA testing.  It is fast, but it
can consume an unbounded amount of memory.  If you're feeding it
complex<float> at 20MS/s you're eating up RAM at 160MB/s.

Eric