Forum: Ruby on Rails Looking for a rails mentor

caneridge (Guest)
I'm looking for a rails mentor. I can't offer to pay you but I can
offer to mentor someone else to give back to the community after I've
learned rails.

Here is where I stand. I've been a software engineer since 1984
working mostly with Perl for the last half of my career in
configuration management and release engineering. I converted to Ruby
about 5 months ago and have fallen in love with the language after
writing a few thousand lines of code in it. Now, I'm working on a pro
bono project to rewrite a commercial website for a friend of mine
whose business really needs a makeover. I won't get paid for any of
the work. I've gone through about 7 books on rails. I have a basic
working rails app up and running with the site's inventory imported. I
need to add a number of additional features to make the site usable
for production and expect this to take me several months at the rate
I'm making progress. I have a number of design questions and I keep
hitting little snags of things I don't know how to do. It would be
great to have someone experienced with rails to bounce ideas off of
and get tips for how to do things in rails.

Any takers? You can reach me directly at: brian at spidoweb dot net.

Brian J.
Pratik N. (Guest)
Just get a good book and use #rubyonrails (irc.freenode.net) irc
channel whenevr you have questions :)

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 4:33 PM, caneridge

--
Cheers!
- Pratik