Forum: Ruby problems with "require 'some-installed-gem'"

Dennis S. (Guest)
Hi everybody,

I've got a strange problem and hope this is the right place for it.
I've recently installed a new gem for ruby, called 'rsruby' (but it
shouldn't matter I think which one it is).

The problem is the following:

irb(main):001:0> require 'rsruby'
LoadError: no such file to load -- rsruby
  from (irb):1:in `require'
  from (irb):1

I just can't include it. BUT when I move directly into the gem's
folder, it works just fine. In other words, when I open the ruby shell
from within /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rsruby-0.5.1/lib the output is

irb(main):001:0> require 'rsruby'
=> true

as it should and I can use the gem without any problems.
Any ideas where this could come from? I hope this is really a ruby
issue and not a server (debian) issue.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis S.
badboy (Guest)
Dennis S. schrieb:
>   from (irb):1:in `require'
> Any ideas where this could come from? I hope this is really a ruby
> issue and not a server (debian) issue.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dennis S.

you need to: require 'rubygems'
Dennis S. (Guest)
On 15 Jan., 15:21, badboy <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > irb(main):001:0> require 'rsruby'
>
> > as it should and I can use the gem without any problems.
> > Any ideas where this could come from? I hope this is really a ruby
> > issue and not a server (debian) issue.
>
> > Thanks in advance,
>
> > Dennis S.
>
> you need to: require 'rubygems'