Forum: Ruby Prime.include?(1) hangs Ruby scripts and irb

Frisco Del R. (Guest)
Ruby version 1.8.6
Mac OS 10.5.2

I would like a Ruby script to do something if a result is a prime
number, or do something else if the result is not prime. But Ruby is
hanging on instance_of_Prime.includes?(some prime number). For example,
in irb:

$ irb
>> require 'mathn'
=> true
=> #<Prime:0x32bab8 @primes=[], @seed=1, @counts=[]>
>> puts foo.include?(2)
true
=> nil
>> puts foo.include?(1)

Expected:
false

Got:
Nothing, and programs won't exit.
Axel E. (Guest)
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 16:39:03 +0900
> Von: Frisco Del R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
> An: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
> Betreff: Prime.include?(1) hangs Ruby scripts and irb

> => true
> Got:
> Nothing, and programs won't exit.

Hi --

I can confirm that behaviour on Ruby 1.8.7 and Ubuntu 8.04.
I think you should file a bug with the authors of mathn.

Best regards,

Axel