Forum: Ruby on Rails Equivalent of Instant Rails in Mac

erptool (Guest)
Hi all,

I have written full ERP Accounting application <a href="http://
www.toolerp.com" target="_blank">TooLERP - The Best Small Business ERP
Accounting Software</a>. I am using Instant Rails to make it available
to windows users. I was wondering if there is an equivalent software
on Mac also? I have heard that Mac OS X comes pre installed with Ruby
on Rails.

For lower versions (Tiger) you can install Locomotive and start using
Rails Apps. Has someone used it? How hard is it ? Please share your
expriences.

Regards,

Nick
www.toolerp.com
Small Business ERP Accounting Software</a>.
Jason W. (Guest)
Try bitnami ruby stack

Sent from my iPhone
Robby R. (Guest)
You might try the Ruby & Rails Developer Bundle from EnterpriseDB
(basically Rails + PostgreSQL stack)

http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/download.do

Cheers,
Robby

--
Robby R.
Chief Evangelist, Partner

PLANET ARGON, LLC
design // development // hosting w/Ruby on Rails

http://www.planetargon.com/
http://www.robbyonrails.com/
aim: planetargon

+1 503 445 2457
+1 877 55 ARGON [toll free]
+1 815 642 4068 [fax]
Norm (Guest)
Nick

My approach to the same problem for my app (Open Campground) has been to
distribute it as a frozen app both in InstantRails and otherwise.  When
frozen you will not depend on Rails or your gems being installed on the
target system.  You will just have to have Ruby and the database which
simplifies things a lot.

Have not had any installs on Mac OS but it should work there also.

Norm