Forum: JRuby running rake db:drop db:create against Oracle database does nothing

John W. (Guest)

Running the rake tasks db:drop and db:create seem to do nothing  when
running against an Oracle database using the activerecord-jbdc-adapter.
Is
this a known bug?  At Adobe we are using 0.9 of the AR JDBC adapter and
the
Oracle jar ojdbc14.jar.  We are also using JRuby 1.1.6 and Rails 2.1.1.
There is an existing bug and proposed fix in Rails (*
http://tinyurl.com/8yng3l)* but not sure of the status for the JDBC
adapter.

Here is how we are defining the connection:

staging:
       adapter: jdbc
       driver: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
       url: jdbc:oracle:thin:@...
       username: WATSON_PLATFORM
       password: ******

Thanks!

John
Nick S. (Guest)
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 2:49 PM, John W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> staging:
>        adapter: jdbc
>        driver: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
>        url: jdbc:oracle:thin:@...
>        username: WATSON_PLATFORM
>        password: ******

I guess it's a known bug, more like a "known missing feature" if you
will. Is the behavior in the patch you linked to acceptable? If so, we
can build something like that into the JDBC Oracle driver. If you
wouldn't mind, please file an issue at
http://kenai.com/jira/browse/ACTIVERECORD_JDBC (you can be the
first!).

Cheers,