Forum: RSpec spec_server and re-loads of files

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Matt W. (Guest)
on 2009-01-14 22:11
(Received via mailing list)
I got spec_server working today, and was literally ecstatic about the
speed of response from running a spec. Yelps and all-sorts, very un-
British, I can tell you ;)

However I'm starting to notice that it doesn't seem to be picking up
changes. I'm working on a helper function at the moment, and I get a
different (old) test failure from spec -X as I do from straight up,
slow old spec.

rspec 1.1.12
rails 2.2

Any advice?


Matt W.
http://blog.mattwynne.net
http://www.songkick.com
Mark W. (Guest)
on 2009-01-14 22:50
(Received via mailing list)
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Matt W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> 
wrote:

> I got spec_server working today, and was literally ecstatic about the speed
> of response from running a spec. Yelps and all-sorts, very un-British, I can
> tell you ;)
>
> However I'm starting to notice that it doesn't seem to be picking up
> changes. I'm working on a helper function at the moment, and I get a
> different (old) test failure from spec -X as I do from straight up, slow old
> spec.
>
>
Make sure you have

config.cache_classes = false

in test.rb..

///ark
Matt W. (Guest)
on 2009-01-15 01:55
(Received via mailing list)
On 14 Jan 2009, at 20:17, Mark W. wrote:

>
>
> Make sure you have
>
> config.cache_classes = false
>
> in test.rb..

Yes!

... but it appears to totally bork the features, at least on our build
server. Anyone else had this problem, and got a workaround?

I'm actually running the features in a separate environment
('features') locally, but I haven't got around to persuading the build
server to do that yet.

Matt W.
http://blog.mattwynne.net
http://www.songkick.com
Scott T. (Guest)
on 2009-01-15 02:15
(Received via mailing list)
On Jan 14, 2009, at 3:05 PM, Matt W. wrote:

> rails 2.2
>
> Any advice?

I've also found shared example groups to be quite buggy (not reloading)

Scott
Scott T. (Guest)
on 2009-01-15 02:38
(Received via mailing list)
On Jan 14, 2009, at 6:10 PM, Matt W. wrote:

>> up changes. I'm working on a helper function at the moment, and I
> Yes!
>
> ... but it appears to totally bork the features, at least on our
> build server. Anyone else had this problem, and got a workaround?

Don't version control config/environments/test.rb.  Keep around config/
environments/test.rb.example, and copy it to test.rb after check out.

Scott
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.