Forum: GNU Radio maximum recursion depth exceeded

feldmaus (Guest)
Hi All,

i built gnuradio companion via svn.
My current System is openSuse 11.1.
For testing i build up a dial tone generator,
and got this error:
Exception RuntimeError: 'maximum recursion depth exceeded in
__subclasscheck__' in <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'> ignored

i am not sure whether someone posted this before.
Is this a critical error ?

Regards Markus
Eric B. (Guest)
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:26:44AM +0000, feldmaus wrote:
> Is this a critical error ?
>
> Regards Markus

This is using Python 2.6, right?

If so, it's an unconfirmed known problem.
I'll take a look at it today.

Eric
Johnathan C. (Guest)
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 2:26 AM, feldmaus <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> For testing i build up a dial tone generator,
> and got this error:
> Exception RuntimeError: 'maximum recursion depth exceeded in
> __subclasscheck__' in <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'> ignored

This is a known bug in GNU Radio, but it only happens if the user's
code tries to access a member of a hierarchical block using the wrong
name.  So while the error message is not useful or helpful, the
ultimate problem lies in something in your test program.

-Johnathan
Markus F. (Guest)
Eric B. schrieb:
>> i am not sure whether someone posted this before.
>> Is this a critical error ?
>>
>> Regards Markus
>
> This is using Python 2.6, right?
No, it's python 2.5.
sorry for my last-last mail i was a little
bit confused.

Regards Markus