Forum: Ruby amalgalite 0.6.0 Released

Jeremy H. (Guest)
amalgalite version 0.6.0 has been released.

  gem install amalgalite

http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/amalgalite/

Amalgalite embeds the SQLite database engine in a ruby extension.  There
is no
need to install SQLite separately.

Look in the examples/ directory to see

* general usage
* blob io
* schema information
* custom functions
* custom aggregates
* requiring ruby code from a database

Also Scroll through Amalgalite::Database for a quick example, and a
general
overview of the API.

I also wrote up a blog post on how to write SQL functions (both scalar
and
aggregate).

  http://copiousfreetime.org/articles/2009/01/10/wri...

{{ Release notes for Version 0.6.0 }}

=== Major Enhancements

* Added ability to define custom SQL functions implemented in Ruby
* Added ability to define custom SQL aggregates implemented in Ruby
* Added support for Ruby busy handlers
* Added database 'interrupt' support
* Added support for Ruby progress handlers

=== Minor Enhancement

* update to SQLite version 3.6.7

enjoy,

-jeremy
James G. (Guest)
On Jan 11, 2009, at 6:26 PM, Jeremy H. wrote:

> === Major Enhancements
>
> * Added ability to define custom SQL functions implemented in Ruby
> * Added ability to define custom SQL aggregates implemented in Ruby
> * Added support for Ruby busy handlers
> * Added database 'interrupt' support
> * Added support for Ruby progress handlers

Jeremy loves me.  He forgot to mention it, but this is the just-for-
James-release.  :D

Thanks Jeremy.  I love you back!

James Edward G. II
Jeremy H. (Guest)
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 09:44:50AM +0900, James G. wrote:
> Jeremy loves me.  He forgot to mention it, but this is the
> just-for-James-release.  :D

Well not completely, I've been meaning to give amalgalite some love for
a while.
You did spur it a bit though.

> Thanks Jeremy.  I love you back!

Thanks James, its all about the ruby love :-).
Glad to help out.  Let me know how things go.

enjoy,

-jeremy