Forum: Ruby on Rails Extending a wizard

Commander J. (Guest)
I've created a simple wizard that collects data in 3 steps and then
posts it
to a Create action.

Validation is only performed when the data is posted. However, I would
like
the individual steps to be validated as well. Any ideas on this one?

Example:
Step 1
 Name
 Email
 Email (confirm)

Is there a generic way to let ActiveRecord validate the individual
fields of
a Model Object instead of the entire thing?

CmdJohnson
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 11 Jan 2009, at 14:04, Commander J. wrote:

> Step 1
>  Name
>  Email
>  Email (confirm)
>
> Is there a generic way to let ActiveRecord validate the individual
> fields of a Model Object instead of the entire thing?

The if/unless options on validates_* may be of interest.

Fred
Commander J. (Guest)
Could you please post some code to explainify?

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Frederick C. <
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 16 Jan 2009, at 21:27, Commander J. wrote:

> Could you please post some code to explainify?

validates_foo :if => :bar

will run that validation only if the bar method returns true. so you
can conditionalize your validations on anything you want.

Fred