Forum: Ruby dynamic adom-like text interface

Andrej A. (Guest)
on 2009-01-11 01:09
Hello.
I would like to build an ADOM-like (http://www.adom.de/) interface. In
few words it means, that application is controlled with keyboard and
text output is redrawed like windows are redrawed in GUI.
Is there some tool or method to make such UI or idea for search?
Googling gave no results to me.
Thank you in advance.

Andrej.
Andrej A. (Guest)
on 2009-01-11 10:22
Andrej Andreev wrote:
> Hello.
> I would like to build an ADOM-like (http://www.adom.de/) interface. In
> few words it means, that application is controlled with keyboard and
> text output is redrawed like windows are redrawed in GUI.
> Is there some tool or method to make such UI or idea for search?
> Googling gave no results to me.
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Andrej.

Advance googling helped. I have found Curses -- ruby standart lib for
crating dynamic interface of text terminal. It also provide control via
keyboard keys and so on. But there is literaly no clear documentation,
only ruby stdlib docs at ruby-doc.org.