Forum: Ruby Please help a newbie:

Michael B. (Guest)
on 2009-01-10 02:55
Whenever I run any script on my web app (rake commands, script/server),
I get the following error, and I have no idea what to do about it:

/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/libxml-ruby-0.9.7/lib/libxml_ruby.bundle:
[BUG] Bus Error
ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i686-darwin9]

Abort trap

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Already have tried reinstalling
libxml via macports, installing ruby in macports, etc... In a bit over
my head...
Ilan B. (Guest)
on 2009-01-12 23:46
Michael Broukhim wrote:
> Whenever I run any script on my web app (rake commands, script/server),
> I get the following error, and I have no idea what to do about it:
>
> /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/libxml-ruby-0.9.7/lib/libxml_ruby.bundle:
> [BUG] Bus Error
> ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i686-darwin9]
>
> Abort trap
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Already have tried reinstalling
> libxml via macports, installing ruby in macports, etc... In a bit over
> my head...

run the command again with tracing enabled and you will probably get
more of a clue..

rake --version --trace

ilan