Forum: Rails deployment best plaform for RAM / several apps

Frantisek P. (Guest)
on 2009-01-09 22:59
Hello.

Which platform is best with respect to RAM ?

I want to deploy 5 rails apps. on virtual server.

Please send your recommendation.

Thanks
Roderick v. (Guest)
on 2009-01-19 19:01
Frantisek P. wrote:
> Which platform is best with respect to RAM ?
> I want to deploy 5 rails apps. on virtual server.

Phusion Passenger + Ruby Enterprise Edition on a 32-bit platform is the
easiest on RAM, but if it's 5 different Rails apps then you won't be
able to save much memory. You will likely want to order extra RAM with
that VPS.

--
Roderick van Domburg
http://en.railscluster.nl

thanks.
Roderick v. (Guest)
on 2009-01-20 00:30
Frantisek P. wrote:
> its the same app ... but many instances.

Passenger + REE should work great in that case. And if it's a single
app, then you could also look into managed hosting. It can be just as
expensive as a decent VPS and save you the cost of doing system
management yourself.

--
Roderick van Domburg
http://en.railscluster.nl
Frantisek P. wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Which platform is best with respect to RAM ?
>
> I want to deploy 5 rails apps. on virtual server.
>
> Please send your recommendation.
>
> Thanks

I host my ruby on rails apps on brighbox.co.uk. They have ruby on rails
optimized stacks and a seperate mysql cluster. Very easy deployment
through their own gem and decent prices (50% of in january). You can
choose between passenger or mongrel.

checkout brightbox on http://tinyurl.com/d58su4

Vincent
vunkyblog.net