I have a DRb process on another machine that communicates with the server. It seems like if I do a find() where I specify a :condition through Act-res it will take very long time and most finds of this sort seem like they may send over all of the records in XML. What I ended up doing for know is have the server send over all the id's of the records I need so I can just do a regular find by id. I had also had some problems with record relationships belongs_to and so on, so I just send over the child record ids as well for now. I had tried to find documentation on that, but had some problems with that and other things and haven't gone back to that as it was unclear what the routing was supposed to be etc ..
on 2009-01-09 18:26