Forum: Ruby on Rails Installing Ruby on Rails

crazy canuck (Guest)
I am completely new to all of this. I was told by a potential employer
if I learned Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL I would have a job in 6-9
months. My dilemma is that I cant even seem to install it properly
lol. Please can someone give me the prompts and whether I have to be
SU or use sudo. thank you so very much.
Ryan B. (Guest)
Johny b. (Guest)
on 2009-01-09 03:53
crazy canuck wrote:
> I am completely new to all of this. I was told by a potential employer
> if I learned Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL I would have a job in 6-9
> months. My dilemma is that I cant even seem to install it properly
> lol. Please can someone give me the prompts and whether I have to be
> SU or use sudo. thank you so very much.

try this..
http://www.tutorialspoint.com/ruby-on-rails-2.1/ra...
Jason W. (Guest)
Windows, Mac, Linux?

some resources
www.learningrails.com
www.railscast.com
www.envycast.com
www.railsinside.com

there are quite a few more, but i know those off the top.

Jason

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Johny ben
Bobnation (Guest)
I'll add http://articles.slicehost.com/ to the list as well.

On Jan 8, 8:26 pm, "jason white" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Sazima (Guest)
I agree RoR is hot, but if you are a good developer, you can get a job
in 1 month even without learning RoR...

Cheers, Sazima
crazy canuck (Guest)
I am using CentOS and if possible it would be appreciated to have
links to PostgreSQL as well, thanks. thank you for all of your input.