Forum: Radiant CMS GitHub Gem Hosting

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Ben M. (Guest)
on 2009-01-09 01:04
I tried to install the Release Candidate 0.7.0 today, according to the
blog.
http://radiantcms.org/blog/archives/2008/12/07/rad...

However, the 0.7.0 gem doesn't appear to be hosted on GitHub.
http://gems.github.com/list.html

Is it hosted there? ... and as a follow-up, how's work going on the
final 0.7.0 release?

P.S. I appreciate all the hard work hat you guys put into Radiant,
especially John and Sean. You guys are great!
Sean C. (Guest)
on 2009-01-09 01:36
(Received via mailing list)
Ben,

Sorry, but I haven't had success with Github's gem server.  You can
still get the RC1 gem from S3 via the download link in that post.

The final 0.7.0 release has a few more steps (at least).

1) We need to fill out the integration spec suite.
2) We need to decide whether to bring over the new UI for this release,
or wait one more cycle.

Sean
Nate T. (Guest)
on 2009-01-09 03:47
(Received via mailing list)
On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Sean C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

>
If it means breaking more compatibility with 0.6.9 extensions, then
please
wait until the next release. That way extension authors can have a
little
more time to move over their extensions.


~Nate
Ben M. (Guest)
on 2009-01-09 04:14
Sean C. wrote:
> 1) We need to fill out the integration spec suite.
> 2) We need to decide whether to bring over the new UI for this release,
> or wait one more cycle.

Thanks for the reply and update, Sean.

As much as I'd like to see the new UI in this release, I think Nate has
a valid point about extensions breaking. Will all the UI hooks be
completely different, or could an extension author manage the transition
in half an hour or so?
Sean C. (Guest)
on 2009-01-09 15:51
(Received via mailing list)
It should be a fairly simple transition for most.  There will be some
aspects that will be significantly different -- we've reduced the number
of tables in various views, and the navigation tabs are in two levels
now, instead of one -- not to mention the look and feel changes.

Sean
Ben M. (Guest)
on 2009-01-13 02:16
Sean C. wrote:
> It should be a fairly simple transition for most.  There will be some
> aspects that will be significantly different -- we've reduced the number
> of tables in various views, and the navigation tabs are in two levels
> now, instead of one -- not to mention the look and feel changes.
>
> Sean

How about doing an RC2 release -- giving developers a little more time,
but still releasing the fancy new UI. What do you think, good
compromise?
Sean C. (Guest)
on 2009-01-13 02:56
(Received via mailing list)
There will probably be an RC2 in the next week or so, but I think John's
right.  There's enough for a full release very soon, without the new UI.

Sean
Arik J. (Guest)
on 2009-01-13 20:16
Sean C. wrote:
> Ben,
>
> Sorry, but I haven't had success with Github's gem server.  You can
> still get the RC1 gem from S3 via the download link in that post.
>
> The final 0.7.0 release has a few more steps (at least).
>
> 1) We need to fill out the integration spec suite.
> 2) We need to decide whether to bring over the new UI for this release,
> or wait one more cycle.
>
> Sean

Bring over the new UI! Take a risk!
Nate T. (Guest)
on 2009-01-13 21:00
(Received via mailing list)
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Arik J. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> 
wrote:

>
> Bring over the new UI! Take a risk!
> --
>

Hush, you.


~Nate
Sean C. (Guest)
on 2009-01-13 21:10
(Received via mailing list)
I don't mind taking a risk, but it's simply not done.

Sean
Arik J. (Guest)
on 2009-01-13 21:13
Sean C. wrote:
> I don't mind taking a risk, but it's simply not done.
>
> Sean

Fair enough.
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.