Forum: Ruby RD -> RDoc conversion

Jakub Pavlík jn. (Guest)
Good evening (at least in central Europe),

does anybody know about a tool which converts RD documentation to RDoc?
I mean inline documentation in source files.
It doesn't have to have any advanced features - converting
"=begin =end comments" to "# comments" and stripping all "(()) markup"
is everything I need.
If nobody knows about anything, I'll probably have to try to write this
tool myself...

Thank you for any tip.

Jakub Pavlik

--
"Configure complete, now type 'make' and PRAY."

                (configure script of zsnes - www.zsnes.com)
Dave T. (Guest)
On Jan 8, 2009, at 11:25 AM, Jakub Pavlík jn. wrote:

> It doesn't have to have any advanced features - converting
> "=begin =end comments" to "# comments" and stripping all "(()) markup"
> is everything I need.
> If nobody knows about anything, I'll probably have to try to write
> this tool myself...

If it helps, rdoc supports =begin/=end -- you just need to add the
work rdoc to the begin

   =begin  rdoc

     docs

   =end
Jakub Pavlík jn. (Guest)
It doesn't help me much - my old inline documentation makes use of
some markup that (as I think) isn't valid RDoc markup:
--- for method synopsis,
various ((something)) tags etc.
I need to strip these too.

Jakub Pavlik