Forum: Ruby on Rails rake db:migrate

alamodey (Guest)
Hi, I'm new to Rails. Does rake db:migrate only process things under
your /db/migrate/ folder? I made some changes in my /app/models/ files
such as defining relationships between classes, but this doesn't seem
to be reflected in my underlying database. So how do I create foreign
keys in Rails without doing it manually in my DBMS?

Thanks.
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Jan 8, 3:34 am, alamodey <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to Rails. Does rake db:migrate only process things under
> your /db/migrate/ folder?

Correct

> I made some changes in my /app/models/ files
> such as defining relationships between classes, but this doesn't seem
> to be reflected in my underlying database. So how do I create foreign
> keys in Rails without doing it manually in my DBMS?

You don't. You create migrations that add those columns, keys etc...

Fred