Forum: Ruby Creating custom lib/tasks folder for rake files?

andreux (Guest)
How can I setup my own lib/tasks folder (similar to rails) so that all
tasks in this folder are available when running rake?

Everything I've tried so far has been unsuccessful. I get errors even
when trying to require a single .rake file from my main Rakefile:

require 'sitemap.rake'

> rake aborted!
> no such file to load -- sitemap.rake

Any suggestions?
Robert E. (Guest)
Add your rake tasks to lib/tasks and they should automatically be
picked up when you are in the rails root at the command line.

Just do rake -T to see all your rake tasks.

Robert E.
http://www.codewranglers.org
http://www.robertrevans.com
Chris L. (Guest)
on 2009-01-08 02:03
> Any suggestions?

Something like this at the top of your Rakefile, perhaps?

Dir["#{File.dirname(__FILE__)}/lib/tasks/*.rake"].sort.each { |ext| load
ext }

Chris
Hassan S. (Guest)
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 3:24 PM, andreux <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> How can I setup my own lib/tasks folder (similar to rails) so that all
> tasks in this folder are available when running rake?

`rake --help` is pretty informative :-)

The output includes:

    -g, --system                     Using system wide (global)
rakefiles (usually '~/.rake/*.rake').

:: as well as some other interesting possibilities.

HTH!