Forum: IronRuby Comments in the RubySpec tag files

Shri B. (Guest)
I added a few comments to critical_tags.txt like this:

fails("need to track which thread owns critical lock"):Thread.critical
defers exit

This will help the next person who tries to fix the bug, and also as
just documentation. However, I realized that Jim regenerates the tag
files whenever he pulls down new RubySpec tests. So such comments will
get lost. Jim, is that correct? If so, I will just not add such comments
until we change the process so that the tags are not periodically
regenerated from scratch.

Shri
Jim D. (Guest)
That is correct. The next time I sync up, I will look into the tools for
tags that Brian has in Rubyspec.

JD

I added a few comments to critical_tags.txt like this:

fails("need to track which thread owns critical lock"):Thread.critical
defers exit

This will help the next person who tries to fix the bug, and also as
just documentation. However, I realized that Jim regenerates the tag
files whenever he pulls down new RubySpec tests. So such comments will
get lost. Jim, is that correct? If so, I will just not add such comments
until we change the process so that the tags are not periodically
regenerated from scratch.

Shri
Michael L. (Guest)
If you're adding value to the RubySpec tests, the rubyspec guys are
pretty
good about giving commit access... spread the wealth!
Shri B. (Guest)
Jim has commit access and does provide patches to improve the framework.
This thread is about the ironruby tags though, and it would not help
anyone other than IronRuby.

If you're adding value to the RubySpec tests, the rubyspec guys are
pretty good about giving commit access... spread the wealth!
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 2:40 AM, Shri B.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid<mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid>>