Hi all,

I am finally starting to use the testing framework that rails provides,
however I have come across a problem that I can’t work out.

Our model has a serialized hash as one of the members, and I can’t work
out the syntax in the YML file to populate the hash during testing.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Simon

Never mind

After stepping back and actually thinking about what I was trying to
achieve, I worked it out.

For those of you following at home from a google search, here is how to
do
it.

one:
id: 1

Cheers
Simon

I am finally starting to use the testing framework that rails provides,
however I have come across a problem that I can’t work out.

Our model has a serialized hash as one of the members, and I can’t work
out the syntax in the YML file to populate the hash during testing.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Simon

one:
id: 1

This might be cleaner:

one:
name1: value1
name2: value2

And note you don’t need the id: 1 no more.