Forum: Ruby Novice question about rdoc

LAMBEAU Bernard (Guest)
I've got a stupid problem with rdoc, and I don't find any answer on
the web. Sorry ...

Is there an option to force rdoc to generate the html documentation
each time it is invoked? I use the following task in Rakefile:

desc "Generates documentation"
Rake::RDocTask.new do |rdoc|
  rdoc.rdoc_files.include( "README", "INSTALL",
                           "TODO", "CHANGELOG",
                           "AUTHORS", "COPYING",
                           "lib/" )
  rdoc.main     = "README"
  rdoc.rdoc_dir = "doc/html"
  rdoc.title    = "Stamina Documentation"
  rdoc.options << "-S" << "-N" << "-p" << "-H"
end

rake rdoc generates the documentation only the first time. After, it
does not generate anything unless I remove the doc/html folder.

blambeau
Brian C. (Guest)
on 2009-01-06 21:13
LAMBEAU Bernard wrote:
> rake rdoc generates the documentation only the first time. After, it
> does not generate anything unless I remove the doc/html folder.

Try: rake rerdoc

  #   Rebuild the rdoc files from scratch, even if they are not out
  #   of date.
Ryan D. (Guest)
On Jan 6, 2009, at 11:13 , Brian C. wrote:

> LAMBEAU Bernard wrote:
>> rake rdoc generates the documentation only the first time. After, it
>> does not generate anything unless I remove the doc/html folder.
>
> Try: rake rerdoc
>
>  #   Rebuild the rdoc files from scratch, even if they are not out
>  #   of date.

*nod*

or:

task :rdoc => :clobber_docs