Forum: RSpec options:229 error

Ivor P. (Guest)
Hi Guys

I am really having incredible issues with this error

ivor@TheLuggage:~/workspace/talkies$ rake db:migrate
(in /home/ivor/workspace/talkies)
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.11/lib/spec/runner/options.rb:229:in
`files_to_load': File or directory not found: db:migrate (RuntimeError)
        from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.11/lib/spec/runner/options.rb:221:in
`each'
        from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.11/lib/spec/runner/options.rb:221:in
`files_to_load'
        from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.11/lib/spec/runner/options.rb:98:in
`run_examples'
        from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.11/lib/spec.rb:21:in
`run'
        from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.1.11/lib/spec/runner.rb:191:in
`register_at_exit_hook'
        from /usr/bin/rake:19

Is there a reliable fix, what is causing the issue and, is anyone else
getting this? The comments, questions and related posts seem to have
dried
up.

The problem seems to be very intermittent in my case. I was wondering if
there is a failsafe solution.
One thing that strikes me as odd is that we have rspec and rspec-rails
in
vendor/gems yet this error is being thrown in my /usr/lib... gems
directory.
Also, if I gem uninstall rspec I get an error saying that spec cannot be
found.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards
Ivor
Scott T. (Guest)
Ivor P. wrote:
> `each'
> `register_at_exit_hook'
> directory. Also, if I gem uninstall rspec I get an error saying that
> spec cannot be found.
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Ivor

Here's a pointer: Don't use rails' broken gem system.  Use the tried and
true method of putting rspec & rspec on rails in vendor/plugins.

Scott
Scott T. (Guest)
Ivor P. wrote:
> `each'
> `register_at_exit_hook'
> directory. Also, if I gem uninstall rspec I get an error saying that
> spec cannot be found.
I guess you don't have the gem unpacked?

Scott
David C. (Guest)
On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 2:47 AM, Ivor P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> `each'
> `register_at_exit_hook'
>         from /usr/bin/rake:19
>
> Is there a reliable fix, what is causing the issue and, is anyone else
> getting this? The comments, questions and related posts seem to have dried
> up.

If you've got rspec and rspec-rails configured as gems, try moving
that configuration to config/environments/test.rb.