Forum: Ruby on Rails SSL plugin

Gilbert Gift S. (Guest)
HAppy new year.

I was trying to turn on SSL. On trying to install the plugin for ssl I
get an error message that the plugin was not found. Any one with an
alternative can help me out.

This is what I used to instalthe plugin on my version 1.8.6 ruing on a
windows platform.

ruby script/plugin install ssl_requirement

Thank you
--
Love is the greatest
Vishwanath N. (Guest)

Could you share the error message what you receive while executing that
command

-NAYAK
Gilbert Gift S. (Guest)
The error mesage I get is
Plugin not found: ["ssl_requirement"]

--
Love is the greatest
Fernando P. (Guest)

>>> ruby script/plugin install ssl_requirement
>>>
>>> Thank you

In you application controller file add:

include SslRequirement

Best regards,

--

Video training screencasts at http://www.digiprof.fr
Fritz A. (Guest)
Fernando P. wrote:
> In you application controller file add:
>
> include SslRequirement

This does not respond to the OP's actual problem (and one I now have).

At the terminal I see:

==
$ ruby script/plugin install ssl_requirement
Plugin not found: ["ssl_requirement"]
==

It happens that I do have "include SslRequirement" in my application
controller, but that isn't the problem. The problem is that
script/plugin can not find the ssl_requirement plugin to install.

This puzzles me, as I've installed this plugin in another project a
month ago. It also worries me, as I've seen support for other Rails
technologies "disappear" without notice.

I suppose I could simply copy the installed plugin directory from the
other project, but I'd rather do it right. How can I get this to work?

    — F
Fritz A. (Guest)
on 2009-01-22 23:16
Fritz A. wrote:
> At the terminal I see:
>
> ==
> $ ruby script/plugin install ssl_requirement
> Plugin not found: ["ssl_requirement"]
> ==

... and the answer is that the one source repository built into
script/plugin was down, or somehow dropped ssl_requirement. The solution
is to look at other repositories:

==
script/plugin discover
==

... and accept some additional repositories for plugins. script/plugin
can then find ssl_requirement. Problem solved.

    — F
Shivanand M. (Guest)
on 2011-03-02 13:35
hi rubies,
                       I'm very new to ROR. I'm following some tutorial
for enabling SSL for my rails apllication. In that they have given
plugin installation command like

 script/plugin install ssl_requirement

(I'm entering this within my app and i have include ssl_requirement in
my apllication.rb)

When i enter that in my console it gives error like this

/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/timeout.rb:60:in `rbuf_fill': execution expired
(Timeout::Error)

I don't know what is that where i'm making mistake..... it will be
helpful if you guide me.......