Forum: Rails deployment RoR, Apache2, fcgid and ubuntu...

Jeba M. (Guest)
Hi.
I'm trying to deploy my rails application on ubuntu server using apache2
and fcgid..but have not been successful..
I am using ruby 1.8.6, rails 2.2.2 and fcgi 0.8.7 gem...
I am able to start apache successfully and view the Aptana RadRails
welcome page..But giving my controller's name gives me a 404 error...
I have made required changes in my /public/.htaccess and
/public/dispatch.fcgi files....as=>

.htaccess(w/o comments)

AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
AddHandler fcgid-script .fcgi
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
Options +FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
dispatch.*fcgi*
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^$ index.html [QSA]
RewriteRule ^([^.]+)$ $1.html [QSA]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ dispatch.fcgi [QSA,L]

ErrorDocument 500 "<h2>Application error</h2>Rails application failed to
start properly"

dispatch.fcgi

#!/usr/bin/ruby
require File.dirname(__FILE__) + "/../config/environment"
require 'fcgi_handler'
require 'rubygems'
require_gem 'fcgi'
RailsFCGIHandler.process!

I am attaching my httpd.conf file...

I have checked that my VirtualHost works perfectly...but it doesn't seem
to start my rails application....

Can someone please tell me where am I going wrong????
Thanks in advance..
Jeba M. (Guest)
on 2009-01-08 07:41
Hey...
As this was not working...
I switched to Phusion passenger and ruby enterprise edition...
Now I have my site up and running... :)).