Forum: Ruby on Rails A/B testing & stats plugins?

Robert M. (Guest)
on 2009-01-06 06:36
Is there nothing like this in the Rails world? I've been looking for a
good testing framework for months, not finding anything, so I've just
been building my own.

This is what I want to do:
- track arbitrary behaviors (e.g. photos viewed, comments posted)
- track correlation between arbitrary variables and those behaviors
(e.g, how do different versions of this prompt affect average photos
viewed?)

This kind of thing should be a core part of agile development. What's
out there? I know Google Website Optimizer is one of the answers, but it
seems pretty limited and awkward compared to a Rails-based solution.
Steve R. (Guest)
Robert M. (Guest)
on 2009-01-07 06:12
Thanks for the link, Steve. It's clarified what Website Optimizer is
capable of a little bit, but it still doesn't cover what I want to test.
The problem is that it defines conversions as singular events.

There doesn't seem to be a way to test what I mentioned above. I develop
Facebook apps, and one of the basic needs is to test how different
factors affect the number of friends a user invites. I can't do that
just based on % who end up on some "success" page.

Any ideas?