Forum: NGINX How to disable nginx logs completely

Asif A. (Guest)
Dear Group,

I have tried unsuccessfully to disable nginx logs completely but looks
like
either there is no option or it doesn't work

Can you please advise on how to disable this completely?

Thanks in advance
regards

Asif
Joe A. (Guest)
access_log off;

if you were feeling obsessive you could also use

error_log off;
Asif A. (Guest)
Thanks!
Roxis (Guest)
On Monday 05 January 2009, Joe A. wrote:
> error_log off;

nginx will write to file named 'off'
Joe A. (Guest)
Sorry. Try this:

error_log /var/log/nginx/error_log crit;

(critical errors only - lowest option available)
Jeff E. (Guest)
On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Joe A. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Sorry. Try this:
>
> error_log /var/log/nginx/error_log crit;
>
> (critical errors only - lowest option available)

Why not
  error_log /dev/null;
Edho P Arief (Guest)
On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 5:16 AM, jeff emminger
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

or this?

error_log /dev/null crit;