Forum: IronRuby Error retrieving from github

Colin J. (Guest)

I've been trying to get IronRuby from GIT using the steps in Ben's blog
(http://blog.benhall.me.uk/2008/12/downloading-iron...)
but keep getting this error:

github.com[0: 65.74.177.129]: errno=Invalid argument
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Invalid argument)

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this or could point me in the
right direction?

Thanks,

Colin
Jirapong N. (Guest)
Hi Colin,
  You might want to check with this guide
http://github.com/guides/getting-a-copy-of-your-github-repo
   first.

Hope this helps,
-Jirapong
Colin J. (Guest)
on 2009-01-05 17:13
Jirapong Nanta wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>   You might want to check with this guide
> http://github.com/guides/getting-a-copy-of-your-github-repo
>    first.
>
> Hope this helps,
> -Jirapong

Ta for the link, done all that now but same error. However "ssh -v
removed_email_address@domain.invalid" failed so I'm guessing it must be a
firewall/proxy error
but can't get that config to work either and using HTTP just brings
other errors (http://github.com/blog/92-http-cloning).

Guess its just a little less friendly that I would have hoped, will keep
trying anyway.

Ta,

Colin
Michael L. (Guest)
To just do a clone, you shouldn't need ssh or any special firewall rules
try
using http instead:  git clone http://github.com/ironruby/ironruby.git
Colin J. (Guest)
on 2009-01-05 17:56
Michael L. wrote:
> To just do a clone, you shouldn't need ssh or any special firewall rules
> try
> using http instead:  git clone http://github.com/ironruby/ironruby.git

Hi,

Yeah I tried that but got other errors ("Cannot get remote repository
information"). I'm guessing its proxy relate but I feel like I've wasted
way too much time chasing my tail with so I must admit I gave up and
just download the zip from github.

Ta to you Jirapong for the help, I guess I need to learn to use git at
some point.

Colin