Forum: Ruby on Rails with_options

Sijo k. (Guest)
on 2009-01-05 06:53
Hi
   why is this used in routes.rb I have code like below But I did not
understand what it means Could anybody please clarify this?

map.with_options(:controller => "companies") do |companies_map|

companies_map.companies_view_custom_field_permissions
'/companies/view_custom_field_permissions',
     :action => 'view_custom_field_permissions'

companies_map.with_options(:my_company => true) do |my_company_map|
      my_company_map.my_company
'/my_company/:company_id',                  :action => 'show',
:company_id => 'root'

Thanks in advance
Sijo
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Jan 5, 4:53 am, Sijo Kg <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi
>    why is this used in routes.rb I have code like below But I did not
> understand what it means Could anybody please clarify this?

http://www.spacevatican.org/2008/11/25/with_option...

Fred
Sijo k. (Guest)
on 2009-01-05 12:09
Hi
    Thanks for the link..Also have doubts on why to specify collection,
path_prefix etc For example

map.resources :projects, :collection => { :all => :get, :my => :get,
:search_all => :post, :search_my => :post } do |projects|

And here in above resources is projects as well as the local variable
also is |projects| So Is it not a problem? What does the above mean

Sijo