Converting apache rewrites to nginx

Hello,

I am currently trying to get a deployment ready in an attempt to migrate
my
wiki from apache to nginx and php-fpm. Things have gone pretty smoothly
so
far, but I am having a real problem with rewrite rules. Here is what is
currently in my apache config for a rewrite:

<Directory “/var/www/ws/wiki”>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.)$ /index.php?title=$1 [PT,L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(images|skins)/(.
)$ http://images.testsite.com/$1/$2 [L]

I have tried adding this a couple of different ways into the nginx
config
file but it isn’t working. Can someone give me a hand with this? Also,
where
can I find docs on the rewrite functionality within nginx?

I appreciate any and all help,

Andrew

See http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpRewriteModule.

Assuming your doc root is /var/www/ws, try

location /wiki/ {

if (!-e $request_filename) {

rewrite ^/(.*)$ /index.php?title=$1 last;

}

rewrite ^/(images|skins)/(.*)$ http://images.testsite.com/$1/$2 last;

}

You may need to add a forward slash in front of http in the second line.

Good luck,

Jim

[...]

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the link and for the advice. It worked great.

Thanks again