Forum: Ruby on Rails undefined method `start_form_tag'

cutegirl (Guest)
I tried to generate a form using the Rails "start_form_tag", but got
the error message "undefined method `start_form_tag'  for
#<ActionView::Base:0x47b4c70>". What could be missing here. Thanks for
help.
Nilesh K. (Guest)
what is the version of Rails you are using?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 4 Jan 2009, at 16:56, cutegirl wrote:

> I tried to generate a form using the Rails "start_form_tag", but got
> the error message "undefined method `start_form_tag'  for
> #<ActionView::Base:0x47b4c70>". What could be missing here. Thanks for
> help.

start_form_tag was removed from rails over a year ago. Use form_tag
instead.

Fred
cutegirl (Guest)
thanks!

On Jan 4, 12:07 pm, Frederick C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
cutegirl (Guest)
If only "form_tag" is needed, how can one know where is the end of the
form? Rails seems to evolve so fast that a book from a year ago is
useless. Where can I get the update info of Rails?  Thanks for help!

On Jan 4, 12:07 pm, Frederick C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
(Guest)
it's a helper that takes a code block
<%= form_tag '/path' do %>
  <!-- insert your form here -->
<% end %>
check out the API (you can also download a nice version from
http://www.railsbrain.com/