Forum: Ruby on Rails Will paginate and sorting..

Ank A. (Guest)
on 2009-01-03 20:06
Hello,
   I have my own functions in the controller and i want to use will
paginate.
when i use will paginate then i face the following problems,
1.I cannot sort the commplete results after search...i can only sort the
results that are there on a particular page but not the whole set of
results.

2. Since i am using my own defined functions in the controller clicking
on the
index or show) which in my application has nothing to do with
searching..so i get an error.
What do i need to do
Thank you.
Conrad T. (Guest)
On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Ank Ag

> on the
> index or show) which in my application has nothing to do with
> searching..so i get an error.
> What do i need to do
> Thank you.

Hi, what does your user defined function do that the conditions has
doesn't
do?  In any case, here's a good Railscast that handles this very nicely:

http://railscasts.com/episodes/51

Good luck,

-Conrad
Jeffrey L. Taylor (Guest)
Quoting Ank Ag <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:

> Hello,
>    I have my own functions in the controller and i want to use will
> paginate.
> when i use will paginate then i face the following problems,
> 1.I cannot sort the commplete results after search...i can only sort the
> results that are there on a particular page but not the whole set of
> results.

See http://mislav.uniqpath.com/static/will_paginate/doc/ and click on
the
WillPaginate::Collection link on the left and read the docs on create().

HTH,
  Jeffrey