Forum: Ruby on Rails Retrieving multiple types with Ferret

James E. (Guest)
Hey,
  I want to store multiple different types of items in Ferret.  I can
store
them all fine but retrieval seems troublesome.  When i get items of
multiple
types back in a result set, how can I figure out what type they are and
process accordingly.  Does Ferret have some way to retrieve the actual
object back?  That would be ideal.

Thanks,
Jim
Brandon K. (Guest)
Jim,

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 10:58 AM, James E. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Hey,
>   I want to store multiple different types of items in Ferret.  I can store
> them all fine but retrieval seems troublesome.  When i get items of multiple
> types back in a result set, how can I figure out what type they are and
> process accordingly.  Does Ferret have some way to retrieve the actual
> object back?  That would be ideal.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

I posted a tutorial on using shared indexes a while ago, but I think
it's still relevant:
http://opensoul.org/2008/4/29/using-shared-indexes...

Brandon
Training by Collective Idea: Ruby on Rails training in a vacation
setting
http://training.collectiveidea.com – San Antonio, TX – Jan 20-23