Forum: GNU Radio Boost Problem in Compiling Current Trunk

Firas A. (Guest)

I cannot compile the current trunk 10183. I'm using boost 1_37_0.
Although
./configure went out with no boost problems as in :

checking for boost >= 1.35... yes
checking whether the boost::thread includes are available... yes
checking for exit in -lboost_thread-gcc42-mt-1_37... yes
checking whether the boost::date_time includes are available... yes
checking for exit in -lboost_date_time-gcc42-mt-1_37... yes
checking whether the boost::program_options includes are available...
yes
checking for exit in -lboost_program_options-gcc42-mt-1_37... yes

But make gave me the following error:

g++ -g -O2 -g -O2 -pthread -pthread -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -o
.libs/usrp_rx_cfile usrp_rx_cfile.o
-lboost_program_options-gcc42-mt-1_37
../../gr-usrp/src/.libs/libgnuradio-usrp.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options-gcc42-mt-1_37
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [usrp_rx_cfile] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/firas/gnuradio_doc/gr-usrp/apps'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/firas/gnuradio_doc/gr-usrp'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/firas/gnuradio_doc'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Regards,

Firas

> On Thu, 1/1/09, Johnathan C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Please svn update and retry.
>
> -Johnathan

Everything is OK now. I Successfully complied revision [10184].

Thank you and happy new year.

Firas
Dimitris S. (Guest)
Happy Birthday, Firas!!!!!

PS I don't think compiling GnuRadio is the best way to spend one's
birthday :-)

Dimitris S.
"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping with
a mosquito!" - Amnesty International
Mir M. Ali (Guest)
Hi Firas,
I am having the same problem with the current trunk. Can you tell me how
you
fixed the error? I am using Ubuntu 8.04 and boost_1_37_0. I tried fixing
the
libtool problem in Ubuntu by editing the /etc/ld.so.conf file as
mentioned
in Gnuradio's Ubuntu installation instructions. But the same error still
persists. A little help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ali
Firas A. (Guest)

>From: Mir M. Ali <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
>
>>Hi Firas,
>I am having the same problem with the current trunk. Can you tell me how you fixed the
error?

>Thanks,
>Ali

That was (1 Jan 2009) more than one year old post!!!!. Certainly I
cannot remember what was the problem!!.

But generally, following Ubuntu Installation instruction as shown in :
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/UbuntuInstall

Will help. Just use the right boost version and don't forget to use
"sudo".

Best Regards,

Firas