Forum: Ruby Building Ruby as a framework on OS X

Kevin W. (Guest)
Hello,

Does anyone know how to build Ruby as a framework on OS X? Downloading
the source and running configure --help does not yield any
"--enable-framework" flags, which is what I was looking for. Python and
Tcl have these types of flags. I haven't been able to turn up anything
similar for Ruby.

I know it can be built as a framework; Apple has Ruby installed in
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework; but I'd like to do it myself
and run it from /Library/Frameworks.

--Kevin
hengist p. (Guest)
on 2008-12-31 19:38
Kevin W. wrote:
> Does anyone know how to build Ruby as a framework on OS X? Downloading
> the source and running configure --help does not yield any
> "--enable-framework" flags, which is what I was looking for. Python and
> Tcl have these types of flags. I haven't been able to turn up anything
> similar for Ruby.

You could try asking Laurent S. (lsansonetti at apple com) -
he's responsible for the Ruby support in OS X.

HTH

has
Sandor Szücs (Guest)
On 30.12.2008, at 23:34, Kevin W. wrote:

> Does anyone know how to build Ruby as a framework on OS X?

Maybe macruby match your needs: http://www.macruby.org

regards, Sandor
Szücs