Forum: Ruby on Rails link_to not asking confirmation (js)

Pablo F. (Guest)
Hi, I have this link_to helper

<%= link_to "edit", :action => 'edit', :id => @pirate, :confirm =>
'should edit?' %>

It should (in order to what I read in apidock) prompt me for
confirmation via javascript confirm, but it doesn't.

Any idea why?

Also when I set the :id attribute, either @pirate or @pirate.id
work... why is that, and what's the preferred form?

Thanks!
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Dec 30, 8:59 pm, Pablo F. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Hi, I have this link_to helper
>
> <%= link_to "edit", :action => 'edit', :id => @pirate, :confirm =>
> 'should edit?' %>
>
> It should (in order to what I read in apidock) prompt me for
> confirmation via javascript confirm, but it doesn't.

If you check the html generated you'll noticed that the url has a
confirm parameter. If you check apidoc again you'll see that the
confirm option needs to be passed in the second options hash, ie
link_to 'blah', {options for url}, {other stuff here}
> Any idea why?
>
> Also when I set the :id attribute, either @pirate or @pirate.id
> work... why is that, and what's the preferred form?

Because if you pass an activerecord object as the :id for a url rails
calls to_param on it, which by default returns id. The preferred form
these days would be to have the appropriate routes and do link_to
'edit', edit_pirate_path(@pirate)

Fred
pablo fernandez (Guest)
Thanks so much, I was passing the args in the wrong order as you stated.

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:36 PM, Frederick C.

--
Fernandez, Pablo.