Forum: Ruby on Rails uploading csv

Rajkumar S. (Guest)
on 2008-12-30 14:56
hi all,
 in my project i have to upload the csv file.i want to show the data of
the file before submitting the form.
how to do it..plesae help me its very urgent..
Vishwanath N. (Guest)

You may want to upload the file initially through AJAX, parse it and
display
the output for the user to validate.
If the user submits the same, you can upload the same parsed value
rather
than re parsing the whole file all together.

-NAYAK

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Rajkumar S. <
Rajkumar S. (Guest)
on 2008-12-31 06:40
Vishwanath Nayak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You may want to upload the file initially through AJAX, parse it and
> display
> the output for the user to validate.
> If the user submits the same, you can upload the same parsed value
> rather
> than re parsing the whole file all together.
>
> -NAYAK
>
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Rajkumar S. <

thanks for ur reply... but i dont know how to do it as iam new bee to
rails.iam aware of ajax and parsing.. is there any websites if plesae
sugest them or if u have code plesae send me
Rajkumar S. (Guest)
on 2009-01-03 09:38
Ima nw to ruby. plz tell me if there are any sites dealing with that...

raju