Forum: Ruby nokogiri 1.1.0 Released

Aaron P. (Guest)
nokogiri version 1.1.0 has been released!

* <http://nokogiri.rubyforge.org/>
* <http://github.com/tenderlove/nokogiri/wikis>
* <http://github.com/tenderlove/nokogiri/tree/master>
* <http://nokogiri.lighthouseapp.com/projects/19607-n...

Nokogiri (��) is an HTML, XML, SAX, and Reader parser.

Changes:

### 1.1.0

* New Features

  * Custom XPath functions are now supported.  See
Nokogiri::XML::Node#xpath
  * Custom CSS pseudo classes are now supported.  See
Nokogiri::XML::Node#css
  * Nokogiri::XML::Node#<< will add a child to the current node

* Bugfixes

  * Mutex lock on CSS cache access
  * Fixed build problems with GCC 3.3.5
  * XML::Node#to_xml now takes an indentation argument
  * XML::Node#dup takes an optional depth argument
  * XML::Node#add_previous_sibling returns new sibling node.

## SYNOPSIS:

  require 'nokogiri'
  require 'open-uri'

  doc =
Nokogiri::HTML(open('http://www.google.com/search?q=tenderlove'))

  ####
  # Search for nodes by css
  doc.css('h3.r a.l').each do |link|
    puts link.content
  end

  ####
  # Search for nodes by xpath
  doc.xpath('//h3/a[@class="l"]').each do |link|
    puts link.content
  end

  ####
  # Or mix and match.
  doc.search('h3.r a.l', '//h3/a[@class="l"]').each do |link|
    puts link.content
  end

* <http://nokogiri.rubyforge.org/>
* <http://github.com/tenderlove/nokogiri/wikis>
* <http://github.com/tenderlove/nokogiri/tree/master>
* <http://nokogiri.lighthouseapp.com/projects/19607-n...
Simon K. (Guest)
* Aaron P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> (05:59) schrieb:

> nokogiri version 1.1.0 has been released!

Never heard about his before. Very interesting.

> Nokogiri (��) is an HTML, XML, SAX, and Reader parser.

>   * Custom CSS pseudo classes are now supported.  See Nokogiri::XML::Node#css

In understand I can match by CSS selectors. Is there any CSS-Parser I
can use alongside?

mfg,                        simon .... l
Phlip (Guest)
Aaron P. wrote:
> nokogiri version 1.1.0 has been released!

(Apologies if I missed this but) will it work with Ruby 1.9.1 rc1?
Aaron P. (Guest)
On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 03:24:37AM +0900, Phlip wrote:
> Aaron P. wrote:
>> nokogiri version 1.1.0 has been released!
>
> (Apologies if I missed this but) will it work with Ruby 1.9.1 rc1?

Yes.  We support ruby 1.9.  If it breaks in 1.9, we consider it to be a
bug.