Forum: Ruby on Rails expires_in with fragment-caching

Christoph T. (Guest)
Hi all

Is it posible do have a expires_in with fragment-caching? Does this
work with memcached?

Thank you for your aswers!

Chris
gautam chekuri (Guest)
Chris,

1. If you are running rails 2.1 && memcached then you can do this in
fragment caching:

<% cache(key, :expires_in => 5.minutes) do %>
  hello, world!
<% end %>

- Gautam
gautam chekuri (Guest)
If you are using rails 2.1 && memcached, then you can do this :

<% cache(key, :expires_in => 5.minutes) do %>
  hello, world
<% end %>
Jeffrey L. Taylor (Guest)
Quoting sigma <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:

> Hi all
>
> Is it posible do have a expires_in with fragment-caching? Does this
> work with memcached?

Yes, though memcached is the only mechanism it is already built-in.
There is
a way that works with the other three mechanisms (I think, I've only
tried it
with memory_store).  If anyone is interested, I'll post it on my blog.

Jeffrey
Andi C. (Guest)
on 2009-03-09 11:09
Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
> Quoting sigma <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
>>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Is it posible do have a expires_in with fragment-caching? Does this
>> work with memcached?
>>

> Yes, though memcached is the only mechanism it is already built-in.
> There is
> a way that works with the other three mechanisms (I think, I've only
> tried it
> with memory_store).  If anyone is interested, I'll post it on my blog.
>
> Jeffrey

hi,I'm interesting.where your  blog