Forum: Radiant CMS Copy_move extension and 0.6.9

Nate T. (Guest)
Can anybody tell me how I can git clone and older version of the
copy_move
extension for use with Radiant 0.6.9? I am not up with all the ins and
outs
of git enough to figure out how to use previous revisions.

Thanks,

~Nate
Andrew vonderLuft (Guest)
In my experience, the current version of copy_move works fine with 0.6.9

git clone git://github.com/pilu/radiant-copy-move.git

(I know, I didn't answer the question).

Andrew
Nate T. (Guest)
On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Andrew vonderLuft

> In my experience, the current version of copy_move works fine with 0.6.9
>
> git clone git://github.com/pilu/radiant-copy-move.git
>
> (I know, I didn't answer the question).

With the most current version of the copy_move extension and v. 0.6.9 I
get
this "error" for every page in the list of pages:
*`copy_move_extra_th' default partial not found!

I *have used this extension in the past without any problems at all, but
in
building (rebuilding) a project this weekend I am having this problem. I
can
only imagine it is because of this comment in three places from the
latest
commit: "used the new
admin_pages_url<http://github.com/pilu/radiant-copy-move/commit/07...
. Again, I imagine this is to allow for the extension to work with v.
0.7
but it seems to break compatibility with 0.6.9. Am I wrong?

~Nate
Tim G. (Guest)
On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Nate T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> With the most current version of the copy_move extension and v. 0.6.9 I get
> this "error" for every page in the list of pages:

*`copy_move_extra_th' default partial not found!
> but it seems to break compatibility with 0.6.9. Am I wrong?

Actually, it was the commit before that:

http://github.com/pilu/radiant-copy-move/commit/b7...

pilu updated his extension for Radiant 0.7.0, breaking it for 0.6.9.
Just
rename RADIANT_ROOT/vendor/extensions/copy_move/app/views/pages to
"page".

--
Tim
Nate T. (Guest)

> Actually, it was the commit before that:
>

> http://github.com/pilu/radiant-copy-move/commit/b7...
>
> pilu updated his extension for Radiant 0.7.0, breaking it for 0.6.9. Just
> rename RADIANT_ROOT/vendor/extensions/copy_move/app/views/pages to "page".

Thanks, Tim. Worked like a champ.

~Nate
Andrew N. (Guest)
On 29 Dec 2008, at 01:15, Nate T. wrote:

> Can anybody tell me how I can git clone and older version of the
> copy_move
> extension for use with Radiant 0.6.9? I am not up with all the ins
> and outs
> of git enough to figure out how to use previous revisions.

I would suggest checking out an older revision of the extension into a
new git branch. That way you can keep the up-to-date version (for 0.7)
in its own branch, so that if you upgrade your site to 0.7 in the
future, it is still there for you.

Here are the steps (note that 'co' is short for 'checkout', and 'br'
for 'branch'. I have these set as aliases[1]):

  # from the home directory of your radiant site:
  $ git clone git://github.com/pilu/radiant-copy-move.git vendor/
extensions/copy_move
  $ cd vendor/extensions/copy_move
  $ git log

This gives you a list of all commits, with their commit messages and
'sha' values. Find the commit that you want to revert back to (i.e.
the commit prior to the one that breaks in 0.6.7). e.g.:

  commit b7d93af32fc8fbaa97611d0697ab33f606d2eef1
  Author: Andrea F. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
  Date:   Tue Dec 16 18:37:56 2008 +0100

      the new radiant searches for regions under app/views/admin/pages
instead of the old app/views/admin/page

  commit 79ee39addf4adabcf28fe77a8cb9cbf2338feda8
  Merge: a904fd3... 9f3dd2a...
  Author: Andrea F. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
  Date:   Tue Dec 16 18:33:43 2008 +0100

      Merge branch 'master' of git://github.com/avonderluft/radiant-
copy-move into avonderluft/master

If commit 'b7d93a' introduces changes that break in 0.6.7, you want to
use the commit before it: '79ee39'. So check it out:

  $ git co 79ee39
  Note: moving to "79ee39" which isn't a local branch
  If you want to create a new branch from this checkout, you may do so
  (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:
    git checkout -b <new_branch_name>
  HEAD is now at 79ee39a... Merge branch 'master' of git://github.com/
avonderluft/radiant-copy-move into avonderluft/master

Now when you list the branches, you should see:

  $ git br
  * (no branch)
  master

When you checked out the old revision, you were prompted with
instructions on how to turn it into a branch of its own. Something like:

  $ git co -b pre-0.7

Now, when you list branches:

  $ git br
  master
  * pre-0.7

You can switch between your branches using `git co <branch-name>`. e.g.

  $ git co master
  $ git br
  * master
  pre-0.7
  $ git co pre-0.7
  $ git br
  master
  * pre-0.7

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Drew

[1]: http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/Aliases
Nate T. (Guest)
Thank you so much! I looked through the Pragmatic book and could not
find
any of this info.

~Nate

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Andrew N.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Sean C. (Guest)
Where possible, I have been tagging extensions in 'radiant' github user
with 0.6.9 before making updates for 0.7.  I suggest developers tag
their extension repositories similarly to reduce confusion.

Sean