Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 Extending panel applet menu

Jacob Bower (Guest)

Can someone please help me, I'm developing a panel applet using
Ruby-gnome2 and I can't seem to find a way to extend the default panel
menu. When developing in C I gather the easiest way to do this
normally would be to construct the applet using the
panel_applet_setup_menu_from_file() function but this doesn't seem to
implemented in the ruby panel-applet library.

There is a method PanelApplet.popup_component(), but I can't see how
to use this. Can some please give me an example?

Thanks in advance,
- Jacob
Kouhei S. (Guest)

In <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
  "[ruby-gnome2-devel-en] Extending panel applet menu" on Sun, 28 Dec
2008 13:44:12 +0000,
  "Jacob Bower" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Can someone please help me, I'm developing a panel applet using
> Ruby-gnome2 and I can't seem to find a way to extend the default panel
> menu. When developing in C I gather the easiest way to do this
> normally would be to construct the applet using the
> panel_applet_setup_menu_from_file() function but this doesn't seem to
> implemented in the ruby panel-applet library.
>
> There is a method PanelApplet.popup_component(), but I can't see how
> to use this. Can some please give me an example?

It seems that you can't do it with the current
Ruby/PanelApplet and Ruby/BonoboUI2. We lack the maintainer
for them. If you (or someone) help us, they provide features
to do what you want.

The Ruby-GNOME2 Project Team needs your help.

kou